Monday, November 1, 2010

trash to treasure



I have already professed my love for arts & crafts to you...but I didn't mention how much I love revamping old furniture!!


Earlier in the year I picked up a desk on craigslist for free. it was pretty ugly but had potential to be cute so I decided to have some fun with it...






Earlier in the summer Alex and I went kayaking in Ojai and on the way back we saw an old dresser on the side of the road that we decided to pick up! Again, it is pretty ugly but I saw the potential...and I needed a dresser!!


After letting it sit basically all summer I finally starting working on it. At first I wanted to do something fun with it but after sanding it down today I loved the way it looked so I decided to keep it brown and added some fun accents to it :)


I don't have any good "before" pictures of this one because I was just ready to get going! But as you can see in the picture below, the color was AWFUL and the pulls were gross too..


I like the finished products muuuuch better...how about you? :)




xoxo,


Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment