Thursday, October 7, 2010

interviews

I'm back for another DCP post! Even though I have been accepted already, I'm going to back track a little bit and go over the whole application process. I know in the months leading up to the actual application date, I did a lot of research online and so I want to post as much info as I can to help other people who are doing their research for upcoming programs!!

So applications went up on August 18th which was a Wednesday. There had been a lot of speculation as to when they would go up...people on the Facebook group were throwing out a bunch of random dates and the DCP website said that they would be up in September so it was a total surprise when they did go live!! That morning I woke up, turned on my computer, and my Skype started going CRAZY with messages...everybody was freaking out and letting everybody else know that apps were up!!

As much as I wanted to fill it out right away, I slowed myself down and made sure I was fully awake before starting anything. After finishing the application portion you are instructed to take the web-based interview. When doing my research I had heard horror stories about the web interview so I was a little bit nervous. My advice is to just take your time, be honest, and make sure to think of yourself in a work setting when answering the questions! Towards the end of the web interview you get a series of questions that have time limits -- I think it was 50 seconds per question which is more than enough time. I know that some people instantly freak when they see that they are being timed but just take a deep breath and relax :)

I was almost too afraid to look at the screen when I completed the web interview...I had waited for this chance for so long and I would have been pretty upset if my journey was ending so quickly. Luckily, I passed!!! Right away it tells you that you are a "strong candidate" and gives you a number to call to schedule your phone interview. I called RIGHT away and scheduled my interview for the next morning :)

My interview was scheduled for 8AM so I got up at 7 to make sure that I had enough time to wake up and prepare a little. Some people recommended getting dressed up for the interview but I just stayed in my PJs :) My recruiter called at exactly 8AM which was awesome!! I thought it went pretty well...we didn't make too much small talk because she was very straight to the point which I appreciate :) BUT I did get nervous once I started hearing about other people's interviews where they were joking around with each other and stuff. The interview lasted 16 minutes and at the end she told me that I should expect to hear in 3-4 weeks!!

xoxo,

Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment