Saturday, June 23, 2012

overnight

If you didn't already know, I work as a hospitality manager for a major hotel chain. As the manager, one of my responsibilities is to cover shifts for the front office staff as needed. For a little over a month we have been down a staff member so I have been working the Night Audit shifts twice a week.

Working overnight {the hours are 11pm- 7am} two nights a week, plus 3 other regular shifts is exhausting. I've never been a good napper so it's hard for me to get enough sleep during the day after being up all night. Even if we have no plans, I still wake up after about 3 or 4 hours and have this nagging feeling that I am wasting the day away. Alex is off on the weekends and I always want to be hanging out with him instead of hugging my pillows. Thankfully, my amazing husband closes the blinds tight, turns on a fan for white noise, and encourages me to sleep as long as I can.

The lack of sleep doesn't only effect my weekends but pours into the week -- I feel behind on chores around the house, I haven't been running as much as I want to, I haven't cooked enough meals for the two of us and I don't like any of it!

I'm really looking forward to a break from this schedule I've been on. I'm ready to get my energy back and get on track with my wifely duties :)


{via}


No comments:

Post a Comment