Thursday, June 21, 2012

san pharmcisco dreamin'



The countdown is on.

In a little less than a week, the husband and I will be heading off on a much needed {for me anyway} summer vacation!

We are starting off in San Francisco. Alex has a conference and I am just tagging along for the ride. Hopefully we will be able to squeeze in dinner with his Nana and auntie! While Alex spends his day learning about computer stuff {over generalized because it's way over my head - sorry babe!} I plan on running, reading, and exploring the city. I've only been once before -- have any suggestions for things I shouldn't miss?

After the conference is over, we are flying to Minneapolis where we will pick up our rental car and make the drive to the pharm {aka my grandparent's house}.

The pharm consists of 80 acres of pure magic {for our family anyways} in the UP of Michigan. A large chunk of my family is going to be there this summer at the same time as us so I am really excited!



Of course, I have a list of things that I want to do while we are up there. Here are some of the highlights:

...have a bonfire, visit fortune lake, make bread with grandpa, shoot off fireworks, go to ishpeming for the fourth of july, walk around the property, tip the canoe in the pond, hang laundry on grandpa's clothes line, go to copper harbor, eat dinner at the drive in, help grandma make pasties, listen to grandpa's stories, go into the attic and look for treasures, go to the strawberry festival...

the list could pretty much go on forever. I'm so excited!

Where are you headed to this summer?


2 comments:

  1. did you accomplish everything on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything except for making bread and pasties with grandma and grandpa :)

    ReplyDelete